Manage entire real estate development life cycle: design, entitlement, acquisition, construction and disposition.
• Oversee design process: site planning, architecture, engineering, space programming and interior design.
• Obtain entitlements: rezoning, permits, environmental clearances, state and local licenses, community and political support, utility and ingress/egress easements, economic development incentives.
• Assist in arranging financing: conventional and federally insured mortgages; waterfall structures for return of investor equity, preferred return hurdles, and cash flow distributions; government and non-profit partnerships, housing tax credit applications, federal/local grants, and construction-to-perm debt conversions.
• Negotiate and execute: retail lease agreements, exclusive marketing agreements, land purchase contracts.
• Oversee construction: track progress and milestones against schedule, monitor costs against budget, approve change orders, make value engineering decisions, and issue directives as owner representative.
• Contribute to various marketing and advertising efforts: copywriting, website, billboards, and brochure design.
• Monitor: occupancy levels, operating expenses, debt service coverage ratios, net operating income.
• Property types: multi-family residential mixed-income, affordable and market-rate apartments; seniors housing (independent and assisted) with hospitality-style amenities and services.